Stockbridge Presbyterian Church exists to be God’s bridge to a world in need in the name of Jesus Christ, who bridges the gap between us and God.
- Bridge the Gap between people and God.
- Bridge the Gap between family, friends, and neighbors.
- Bridge the Gap between us and our local community.
- Bridge the Gap between us and a world in need.
At Stockbridge Presbyterian, it’s all about relationships!
THE CHURCH AT THE BRIDGE
We want to be the church in Henry County where people turn when there is a gap in their life that needs to be bridged or a need in the community that needs to be met. To make this vision a reality, we focus on these goals:
- We Utilize the Friendliness that has been our Church’s Primary Feature as a bridge to reach out to visitors and people in our area who often face their problems alone, and who need a bridge to a caring community of faith.
- We Will Utilize the Strong Tradition of Outreach to the Local Community that has always Characterized Our Church as a bridge to getting involved in one significant local outreach program that can utilize the gifts of the entire congregation.
- We Will Utilize Our Dynamic, Christ Centered Worship and Music as a bridge to help children, youth and adults who are not here yet to experience the life changing power of Jesus Christ. In that regard, we will be open to considering the possibility of taking a more informal, contemporary worship service out into the community in the next year or two.
- We Utilize the Programs in which Non Members Use Our Building as a bridge to the wider Stockbridge area. Our pastor will pastor to the entire Stockbridge area, not simply of Stockbridge Presbyterian Church.
- We Will Start to View the Gracious Generosity of Jesus Christ, who gave his life for us, as a bridge to cultivate a spirit of loving gratitude at Stockbridge, in which people will give joyfully of their time, talent and treasure to God’s mission in response to what Jesus Christ has done for us.
What We Believe
As Presbyterians, we believe in the One Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. In life and in death we belong to God, who loves us, and whom alone we worship and serve.
We believe in Jesus Christ, fully human, fully God. Jesus was crucified, dead, and buried, and on the third day was raised from the dead, making possible forgiveness of sin and everlasting life for those who believe.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the giver and renewer of life. The Spirit fills us with the power and presence of God, sets us free to love God and neighbor, binds us with other believers, engages us through the Word, and calls us all to ministries in the Church.
We believe Scripture is the Word of God, inspired by God and the authority for the faith and practice of God’s people. We believe salvation is a gift of grace, through faith.
We celebrate two sacraments: Baptism and Communion. Baptism unites us with Jesus Christ and makes us members of God’s family, the Church. It symbolizes the washing away of sin and new birth in Jesus Christ. In Communion, the bread and wine represent the sacrifical body and blood of Jesus Christ and recall his last meal shared with his disciples. Partaking of Communion renews and strengthens our faith, uniting us with Christ and one another around the table. All believers, Presbyterian or not, are welcome to participate in Communion.